Medical aesthetics includes all medical treatments that are focused on improving the cosmetic appearance of patients. Medical aesthetics sits in a beautiful little niche in between the beauty industry and plastic surgery.
As we get older, fine lines and wrinkles on the face, around the eyes, and on the forehead become more noticeable. At first, they only appear when we express ourselves by frowning or laughing. However, as we age, those lines become more present, even when our faces are at rest. Dynamic wrinkles are a result of repeated facial movements that form creases or lines in the skin. Wrinkle relaxers can reduce the appearance of dynamic wrinkles by giving both men and women a smoother, younger-looking complexion. Common areas are:
- Eyes (Crow's feet)
- Forehead lines
- Eyebrow lift
- Glabellar or frown lines ("11" lines)
- Nasalis muscle (bunny lines)
Did you know that many visible signs of aging can be traced back to volume loss? As facial tissues thin out, lines become etched around the nose and mouth and cheeks look a little hollow. Dermal fillers can replace lost volume to help smooth wrinkles, plump the lips, and restore a more youthful appearance. Here are a few of the common issues dermal fillers can help address:
- Smooth out lines around nose and mouth (a.k.a. marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses)
- Enhance & restore volume to sunken cheeks or temples
- Diminish vertical lip lines
- Plump & enhance the lips
- Smooth out a chin crease
- Improve symmetry among facial features
Thread Lift is one the most effective ways to lift the loose skin without surgery. As we age, the effects of gravity become more noticeable on our faces, especially as our facial support structure weakens and we lose facial fat. The areas that are generally affected are the eyebrows, areas around the eyes, the cheeks, the jowls and the neck. Ideal candidates for thread lifts include:
- People with minimal signs of aging who need just a small lift. Good candidates are those patients who are starting to see some droopiness of the brow, cheeks, jowls and/or neck and would like to see a lift effect, but do not want the risk, scars, or recovery of a real browlift, facelift, or necklift operation.
- People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
- People who do not wish to undergo a surgical facelift or necklift for various reasons such as not wanting a prolonged recovery of a stand facelift or do not wish to spend money on an expensive facelift.
The use of Laser in the aesthetic practice can be indicated to treat the aging sign, undesirable hair or for the treatment of acne, scars, and spider veins. This is the latest technology in the aesthetic field.
- Smooth out lines and wrinkles
- Skin Tightening
- Remove unwanted hair
- Acne & Acne Scars
- Spider Veins
- Sun spots & Age spots
Our laser is 1 of only 3 on our area. It's minimally invasive with little to no downtime. There are rapidly visible results and is a collagen building fraxel/pixel laser treatment.